"Much Ado about Nothing" Performance Reflection
For this week's blog entry, I would like for you to write a two- to three-paragraph reflection on the performance of "Much Ado about Nothing." You may discuss any of the following in your reflection:
- things that you liked and/or disliked about the performance
- ways in which the performance matched your expectations
- ways in which the performance surprised you
- thoughts on the director’s vision for the work (particularly the setting in Cuba)
- any additional observations that you would like to make
Please take care to offer mature and appropriate responses. As discussed in the first chapter of the textbook, it is okay to say that you don't like something, but you need to provide real reasons for your opinion. Also, keep in mind that what you are offering is your opinion and should be expressed as such ("I didn't care for X" rather than "X was stupid").
Your initial reflections are due by 11:59pm on Friday, January 6, 2012. Comments (on at least two people's reflections) should be up by 11:59pm on Sunday, January 8, 2012. Those who were not able to attend the performance are excused from this week's blog assignment, although you are more than welcome to join in the conversation.