May 20-23, 2013
1. Lots of exciting things happening in the last 9 days of school!
Science- Cave Lesson and Rock Specialist Friday
Social Studies - Reconstruction
LA - Review
Reading - Novels
Math - Review for 6th Grade
2. Calendar of Events:
AR Rewards---Next Monday, May 20
Awards Program ---Next Wednesday, May 22 (12:00) Refreshments Afterwards
Last Day of School---Next Thursday, May 23
3. Additional Information:
Awards Day/ Awards Earned:
-A/AB Honor Roll
*In Class Awards
-Star Students--Safety Patrol
-Library Aids--Office Aids
NOVEL STUDY SHEET -
LEGEND IS RECOMMENDED
CHOOSE 1 FROM THE OTHER SET.
CHOOSE PROJECT TO DO FOR SUMMER PER LIST.
1. Please do not forget your child's summer homework for middle school. Sparkman Middle School handed out reading assignments to be completed over the summer. If your child is not attending Sparkman check with their school to see what summer requirements they have.
2. Over the summer your child needs to READ, READ, READ! Studies show that for each month of inactivity in reading causes two months of lapse in students progress in scores. We have a long summer ahead of us so please set aside time that has your child reading on a regular basis.
3. Go the the following link to learn more about the state wide Summer Reading Challenge website and other important resources. www.alsde.edu/summerreadingchallenge
1. In addition toreadingmakesureyouchildreviewstheirmultiplication factsonaregularbasis.
The sixthgradepacingguidehasstudentsjumpingintofractionsthefirstweekofschoolandtheymustknowtheirfactsinordertosucceed. There will beNOtimespentreviewingfactsin6thgrade.
2. Below are somewebsitesthatwillallowyourchildtopracticefactsandmathskillsbutpleasedonotforgetflashcardsandoralquizzes.