Here's a little synopsis of a few of the things that have been going on in merit class lately:
During the last few weeks the students have:
* helped coauthor and independently illustrate a class dog book together (These will be sent home soon.)
* used data to create bar graphs of the weights of a variety of dogs
* used the computer to independently research and solve web quests
* worked on vocabulary building
* read a variety of passages about dogs and taken their own bulleted notes in their journals recording important points
* used the computer to research and type suggestions for our upcoming dog program
Each student has selected several areas of interest to research further for the dog programs.
Students have begun reading information from books, pamphlets, and the internet to use to write their own speeches for the program.
The speech writing will continue through most of next week, and then class rehearsals will begin.
We'll get the program dates set in the next few days so you you'll be able to mark your calendars and hopefully be able to attend!