All links for this lesson can be found on the TeacherWeb "Let's Count" page.Objective:
Students will learn counting skills and categorizing skills.
1. Watch the instructional presentation. (See link on Let's Count! page)
2. Practice counting by using these APPS on your IPAD:
Toddler Counting, Park Math- Feed the Hippo, and Preschool Adventure Island- Counting Sea Creatures
3. Complete the teacher artpad. (See link on Let's Count! page)
Draw pictures or shapes to show the correct number of objects for each number.
Count all of the objects on the page and write that number in black.
4. Create your own artpad page. (See links on Let's Count! page)
Write 3 numbers in sequential order. (1,2,3 or 5, 6, 7, etc.)
Draw pictures or shapes to show the correct number of objects. There should be a different object for each number, but all pictures should be in the same category. (Example: apples, oranges, and grapes all are fruit or circle, square, triangle are all shapes, etc.)
Count all of the objects on the page and write that number on the page in black.If you want to see a sample page, see the link on the Let's Count! page.
Email the pages from steps 3 and 4 to Mrs. Bley
5. Practice counting from 1-20.
6. During class we will create a movie presentation using your picture and Mrs. Bley's Voicethread account.
You will be the star of your own movie!
For the presentation, you will need to describe your picture. You will need to tell which category your pictures belong to (fruit, shapes, etc.) You will need to count from 1-20. So Let's Count!
*Post questions or comments in the "add comment" section.