All assignments are to be done in pencil ONLY.
All assignments must have a proper heading.
Subject (math or science) Name (first and last)
Period (1, 2, 5, or 6) Date
(title or page # and problems – ex: p. 9-10 #3-39 odd)
- You must write the original problem – not just the answer.
- You must show all of your math work.
- Leave space between problems.
- Be neat and organized on the page – either go down or across the page.
- It is ok to use the back of the paper.
- Margins are NOT for math work or doodling – leave them empty.
- When correcting assignments, you must use a red ink pen – no highlighters, sharpies, or felt pens that bleed through the paper.
- A math homework assignment includes that day’s warm up, problems done in class the day before, as well as the assigned homework for that day.
- Incorrect problems need to be corrected in red ink, not just marked wrong or the correct answer written down.
- When turning in work to me, be sure that your name is on every page and staple them together neatly.
Grading of math homework assignments
Math homework is worth 5 points. Any assignments that receive a score of a 3 or lower may be re-done and turned in the next school day with the original assignment attached.
Late work is not accepted after the first month of school. There is no extra credit work.
An assignment is considered missing if it is:
- not turned in.
- done in ink
- a no name paper
Absent work: When students are absent from class they will have two days after they return to turn in their missed work or by the chapter test date. Any work submitted after this time will not be accepted. Each student is responsible for getting their own missed work. Assignments can be found on my teacherweb.
Homework-Guidelines.pdf This is a link to a hard copy that can be printed if needed.