After back to school night, homework packets will go home on Mondays, along with the new spelling list.
- Homework packet are due the following Monday.
- If the homework will cover a holiday of a week, like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter, the packet will consist of reading only.
- Part of the homework assignment is a reading assignment which amounts to about 15 to 20 minutes per day.
- Reading is defined by me as any of the following:
1. You reading to your child.
2. Your child reading to you.
3. Taking turns reading.
4. Your child reading on their own.
· The material that your child reads on their own should be material that they enjoy reading, and that they can read easily.
Spelling homework changes slightly throughout the year. However, it starts off as follows.
- The first night your student needs to copy the spelling list, and bring it to school to turn in the next day.
- I assign various spelling activities that the students can choose from, but they must do three. All spelling activities are due on Thursday.
- Spelling tests are on
About a third of the way through the year, vocabulary words are added to the spelling list. There is a separate homework for vocabulary. They are tested along with the spelling words.
There will be other projects, including book reports. These will go home with adequate notice to complete in a timely manner.
Weekly memory verses are practiced at home, and recited in class.