Miss Gerdts' 5th Grade
About the Teacher
Scholastic Book Orders
This Week's News...
TICKETS for Tuesday's Walk Through the Revolution performance are coming home today with students who sent in an RSVP on/before Tuesday. The reservation forms were due last Friday. I checked with students on Tuesday and created a list for tickets based on the RSVP forms that I had. I've been out since then with the flu. Please check with your child today if you turned in your form on time.
Mt. View Sanitary District
- Please send in the release permission slip from MVSD. It went home last Tuesday and was due on Friday. Your child will not be allowed off of the bus without the permission slip.
- Please review your child's picture this week. If you don't want to purchase any, please send the envelope back by Friday. If you'd like to purchase some or all of the pictures, please include payment and any photos that you didn't want. These are NOT FREE... please make a decision this week, so that I don't have to send numerous reminders.
Walk Through the Revolution
- RSVPs were due on Friday. If I did not hear from you, your seat will be given to others who requested more than one seat. When you come on the day of the presentation, please allow extra time to park, sign in at the office, and come to D4. Please note the room change! If you did not RSVP, please do not just show up. We have a limited number of seats.
- These books are not free! Please send in the book or money TOMORROW! They were due two weeks ago.
- Please pay your cafeteria bills. We have a number of students that have a negative balance on their account. Jill is not obligated to serve lunch to students who have a negative balance. PLEASE pay ASAP.
- We started our biography project in class. I provided books and we are taking notes in class. Next week, we'll begin turning the notes into paragraphs and essays. Students will be given time in class to complete this, however, students who chose to waste time, will have to finish it at home. We are also working through the Ready! Common Core book. The concepts presented are fifth grade Common Core standards and are difficult! We've talked about perseverance and sticking with problems that seem difficult. We will work through Wordly Wise this Lesson 15
- We are finishing chapter 15 on long division today. The students will do the review test for homework tonight and take the test tomorrow.
- We are working through the events leading to the American Revolution. Students have also been working on their parts for Walk Through the American Revolution.
- We're into the chapter about weather prediction and weather forces. We'll be finishing the last lesson tomorrow and should be ready to test at the end of the week.
Last Modified: Friday, Feb. 28, 2014
© 2014 TeacherWeb, Inc.
Content on this site is the responsibility of the Subscriber. Additional information is available in the
TeacherWeb Terms & Conditions