Standard 10.5 WWI Exam Essay Questions
Answer both questions to the best of your ability. Remember, the more specific factual examples you provide to support your opinion, the better.
1. Discuss the four underlying causes of the Great War and how one particular event set the
war in motion.
2. Explain how the Russian Revolution and the entry of the United States affected the
course and outcome of the war.
Standard 10.6 Inter-War Exam Essay Questions
DIRECTIONS: Answer the question you did NOT answer for your written essay (1 or 2) and answer question 3.
1 - How were people disillusioned with their government, their leaders and their economic
system? Create a thesis statement that describes why people distrusted government after
the war. Then, give three specific examples to support your thesis in either Germany,
Russia, France, Great Britain or the United States.
2 - Discuss the influence of WWI on Art, literature and social life in Western Nations.
Create a thesis statement that describes the mood in Europe after the War. Then describe
three examples of how that mood translated to 1. art, 2. literature and 3. social life.
3 - Describe and analyze the Paris Peace Talks and the Treaty of Versailles. Describe the
positions of the various countries involved, the results of the talks and the subsequent
10.7 Totalitarian Exam Essay Question
Analyze the rise, aggression and human costs of totalitarian regimes (Fascist and Communist) in Germany, Italy or the Soviet Union.
Choose two of the countries and write one essay.
10.8 WWII Essay Questions
Choose two questions and answer to the best of your ability. Remember, the more specific factual examples you provide to support your opinion, the better.
1. How did appeasement, isolationism and domestic distractions play a part in the beginning of WWII?
2. Discuss three major turning points in the war. How and why did these turning points lead to victory for the allies?
3. Describe the stages of the holocaust. How did each stage set up the next? How did they lead to the final solution?
4. Describe three major Allied conferences and their significance in the final outcome of the war. Include how these conferences contribute to the beginning of the Cold War.