Assignments and Homework for the Week of May 6 (This is last week's work.)
Monday, May 6
1. This is the last day to turn in the final draft of your literary assignment. Also, turn in your copy of The Giver.
2. Sentences/Vocabulary, D4 - due today or tomorrow
3. Study for tomorrow's spelling test.
Tuesday, May 7
1. Spelling Test, List D4
2. Handbook, pp. 250-254, Ex. A, 3, & B
Thursday, May 9
Lit. Book, pp. 332-348, "Song of the Trees" Answer ONLY these questions: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and the writing question about theme. In two or three sentences, tell what the theme is of this story.
You will have all period to do this (49 minutes). This may not be enough time, so finish it for homework. It is due on Monday, May 13.
SPECIAL NOTE: This Sunday is Mother's Day. If you do something special for her like serving her breakfast in bed, she would probably prefer that you serve her on a plate! Do something nice and make her a special Mother's Day card, which she would probably prefer to a gift. (She would enjoy both.)
Assignments and Homework for the Week of May 13 (This is the current week's work.)
Monday, May 13
1. Sentences/Vocab., List D5 - Due today or tomorrow1lmm
2. Study for tomorrow's spelling test. (List D5)
Tuesday, May 14
1. Spelling Test
2. Handbook, pp. 254-257, Ex. 4
3. Lit. Book: "Barrio Boy," pp. 323-329
-Answer Questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 9
-Extra Credit: Read the "Immigrant Experience" at the bottom of p. 329, and write two paragraphs that address the questions posed about the special problems that immigrants face. It is not necessary to cite research as detailed at the end of the prompt. Rely on your own experience, the experience of others you know, and/or what you think.
-Finish this assignment for homework if you do not finish it in class today. It is due on Thursday.
Thursday, May 16
How to write a business letter. You will learn how, and then you will write one or two business letters. Due today or Monday.