8th Grade US History
As 8th graders it is our job to prepare for high school and the challenges
beyond. To prepare for this we will work on basic skills (reading and
writing), deductive reasoning, and organization all within the United States
We will be studying United States History from the American Revolution to the
Period of Reconstruction.
• First semester emphasis will be the United States Constitution
• Second Semester emphasis will be on the Civil War and the events
leading up to it
Students are asked to bring the following;
2. Pen (Black or Blue ink only)
3. Spiral Notebook
4. Three Ring Binder
5. Pencil to be used with artistic assignments, maps, and graphs
6. Colored Pencils
1. Written work will always be completed in pen.
2. Work will be turned in looking neat and completed to the student’s
3. Work will be turned in on time. Late work will not be accepted.
(It is better to turn in an assignment partially completed than to
turn in nothing.)
4. When a student is absent they will come in at lunch ASAP to get make
Calling a friend or looking up assignments on the class website
are not appropriate alternatives to coming in and speaking with the
The Class Website can be found at
teacherweb.com/CA/TAH/lamansky/gallery1.aspx or can be accessed from the PJHS
website staff page. From this site you can find:
1. A list of Ongoing Assignments
2. Due Dates
3. The Daily Agenda
4. Plus other information
I strongly recommend that students and parents/guardians sign up for Due Date
Alerts. Select the ‘Subscribe to this NewsFlash’ button at the bottom of
the ‘Homework/Due Dates’ page to receive reminders of when things are due.
There are no surprises in this class!
1. Lists of assignments are always posted on the whiteboard in class
and online on my website.
2. Due Dates are always posted on the whiteboard in class and online on
3. Grades are posted online using Aeries and approximately every 2
weeks in class.
I prefer email and can be reached at email@example.com.
If you need to call please leave a message with the office