Social Studies/5th Grade
Unit 5 Test Review
George the Third
* Why did Britain need a tax to impose tariffs on the American colonies?
* How did the colonists show their opposition the British taxes?
* Why did Parliament pass the Coercive Acts?
* What did the Sons of Liberty do?
* What was the role of colonial women in boycotting British goods?
* What did the Committees of Correspondence do?
* Give three things that the delegates at the First Continental Congress decided.
* What happened when King George the Third didnŐt answer the Olive Branch Petition?
* What is Common Sense about?
*What risks were taken by signing the Declaration of Independence?
* Was Thomas Jefferson a good choice to lead the committee for the Declaration of Independence?
* Why did John Adams defend the British soldiers involved in the Boston Massacre?
Be ready to answer the following in an expository formatÉ..
What do you think had the most influence in starting the American Revolution? Why?