May 20-24, 2013
Excellent performances on our Spring Musical. You all did a fantastic job!!! I'm so proud of all of you!!!
· May 22nd, Wednesday: Carnival T-Shirt Day
· May 27th, Monday- NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Observance
· May 29th, Wednesday- Free Dress Day
· May 31st, Friday- Noon Dismissal for carnival set-up
· June 1st, Saturday Spring Carnival 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
· June 6th, Field Day- Wear a RED t-shirt and your P.E. bottoms. You will be outside for most of the day, so you may want to wear a cap and have on sunscreen.
· June 7th, Friday: Fifth Grade Banquet. Invitations and information went out last week. Please send in your RSVP if you haven’t already done so.
· Last Day of School: June 14th
THIS WEEK IN CLASS
Religion: Lesson 30 – Prophets, Open Book quiz on Friday
Memory verse: Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Reading: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls, We will continue reading chapters 11-12.
Fourth Quarter Book Shares are due on Monday, June 3rd.
Current Events: Boys will present this week. Try to find a positive and uplifting story. Students will need to complete a summary and opinion paper, written in complete sentences.
English: Unit 7 Adverbs and Prepositions. Test will be this week.
Math: Review for Chapter 16. Test this week.
Geography: Report due May 30th
Social Studies: Chapter 8 The Colonies Unite, Lessons 2-3.
Science: Chapter 7, Our Solar System, Lessons 3-4. Science Extra Credit is due June 7th.