The Botelle Art Curriculum is guided by the state and national art standards.
The CT Art Standards are very similiar to the National Art Standards.
The Connecticut Art Standards are the following :
Students wlll :
1. Understand, select and apply media, techniques and processes.
2. Understand and apply elements and organizational principles of art.
3. Consider, select, and apply a range of subject matter, symbols and ideas.
4. Understand the visual arts in relation to history and culture.
5. Reflect upon, describe, analyze, interpert and evaluate their own and
6. Make connections between the visual arts, other disciplines and daily life.