Welcome Green Team!
UPDATE: Advanced English!
Historical Fiction Notebook Page Requirements!
Building our Previous Work - Based on our first assignment, here are the necessary requirements, ramped up a bit!
- Basic Requirements: Title & Author, Key Characters, Conflicts (main and secondary), Summary of Thinking
- Literary Focus (Pick at least one!): Setting, Pivotal Moments, Theme, Dialogue, Point of View, Tone/Mood, Symbolism
- Quote Work: Multiple pieces of text, Analysis clearly must link to the text
- Visual Presentation: Artistic, Organized, Colorful, Clearly labeled
Emphasizing Historical Fiction - Based on our discussions, mini-lessons, activities, and group work, pick a key aspect of historical fiction that you want to make the focus of your work!
- Setting informing the Reader
- Reader vs. Character Perspective
- Character’s Perspective vs. History
- Power vs. Control vs. Resistance
- Freedom & Independence
- Stereotypes (Age, Gender, Race)
Two Additional Requirements:
- Your notebook page can be no more than two (2) pages, directly next to each other.
- No essays! Be more creative and capture the essence of your thinking about this book!
Grading: Total Score - 30 Points
- Basics = 4 points
- Visual Presentation = 4 points
- Literary Focus = 6 points
- Historical Fiction Focus = 8 points
- Quote Work = 8 points