Support Your Child
Your child wants to succeed in school. With these ten tips in mind, you can
increase your support!
1. Periodically (but not continuously) communicate to your child the
importance of education.
2. Build up your child's confidence and self-esteem.
3. Work with your child to help him or her develop a positive attitude toward
work and school.
4. Provide encouragement to your child whenever possible.
5. Be a good listener.
6. Be available to discuss problems your child is having, whether they are
large or small.
7. Set up your child's time schedule to include a balance of work, play, and
8. Establish a time for sharing and caring.
9. Take part in your child's education- be active in his or her school.
10. Show you love and affection to your child- often!