Updates and Due Dates for Assignments (Reading, Classwork, Homework, etc.)
Due dates will be updated (and possibly adjusted) as we progress through the unit.
Current Unit: Poetry
* Due Tues May 28: Annotations for pp. 87-94 in poetry packet
* May 17: Test on Poetic Devices. Know these terms.
* Mon. June 3: Final Portfolio piece and Reflection due
* Mon.-Wed. June 3-5: Big Fish and viewing guide
* Thurs. June 6: Senior Class Trip
* Fri. June 7: Senior Prom
* Mon-Tues. June 10-11: Finishing Big Fish and discussion
* Tues, June 11: Last day of class.
Writer's Notebook: Continue to put seed ideas in your Writer's Notebook.
Writing Folder: Please continue to put your writing into your Writing Folder. You NEED to save your work in the folder. Otherwise you will not have a piece to revise for the final exam.
Documents for Class
Peer Poetry Workshop (etiquette)
Structuring Free Verse handout
Rhyme and Sound Devices handout
The Best Quotes about Poetry and Writing!