Edible Art Contest at the Coral Glades High Annual Student Art Show
Who is invited to participate: K-12 students from Coral Glades High and feeder schools
Coral Glades High Cafeteria
· Create an artwork from edible materials at home and bring it to Coral Glades High to display for an evening. It will be registered on site and judged before the evening is over. Come join in the fun!
1. Copies of Master Artworks (Example: Van Gogh’s starry night in M&Ms) or interpretations of literary works. Bring a photo of the original art or book if possible.
2. Original Art Creations: Choose an original subject and let your imagination go free! Combine food items in unique ways to create animals, insects, imaginary creatures and more.
Prizes will be awarded for the following age groups:
- Elementary (1st through 3rd place)
- Middle School (1st through 3rd place)
- High School (1st through 3rd place)
- Best in Show
· Rules for Participants:
1. All materials used to make the art must be edible. (Cake mix, icing, food coloring, candy, crackers, cookies, fruits and vegetables and more)
2. Participants must register their creations by listing ingredients and creating a title at the event. Elementary age children need to be accompanied by an adult.
3. All edible art needs to be taken home at the end of the event. The school will not be responsible to dispose of the artwork.
4. Participants and attendees should eat at their own risk. This is not a culinary event, but it is an art contest!
5. All art content must be appropriate for school.
6. ONE entry per person.
Need to see examples of Edible Art? Check out this link from another school's Edible Art Contest. Wow, a dress made out of fruit roll-ups!