to the 2016-2017 school year. This is the site you will
visit to see weekly classroom activities, past, present and future
homework assignments. Come back often during the week and plan your
schedule effectively. Assignments are also posted on the board everyday. On rare occasions, there might be slight changes and students will receive this notification in class.
1. Check the website, especially if absent.
2. Review/study material covered in class on a daily basis.
3. Listen to your teacher and to your classmates, and try to think along with them.
4. Ask questions if you do not understand.
5. Speaking a language is a skill and developing a skill requires
constant practice. The more you get involved, the faster your speaking
and comprehension skills will improve.
6. Bring your supplies to class.
1. Keep cell phones, apple watches &/or any other similar device off and inside your backpack.
Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate confiscation of these devices.
2. Place backpacks on designated area
3. Be seated and working when the second bell rings.
4. Raise your hand to speak and wait to be called on.
5. Turn in all work on time.
6. Ask for permission to leave your seat.
7. Keep your area clean, and organize tables and chairs before leaving the classroom.
8. No eating, drinking or chewing gum.
9. Respect other students and their property.
due on schedule. If an extension is needed, an email or note from the
parents is required. Homework assignments are always posted on the board and
on the web page.
MAKE UP WORK
1. Students have two days to make up work for each day they are absent.
2. It is entirely the student’s responsibility to turn in or make up any work.
- Tutoring is offered through the peer counseling program. Forms are available in class.
- School tutoring. Every Thursday after school (cafeteria) TBA
There are frequent quizzes and a test after each unit. Participation
grade takes into consideration speaking, attentiveness, pronunciation,
and understanding, as well as active involvement in class activities,
both listening and speaking. Excellent participation includes
volunteering questions and/or comments in SPANISH. Homework is given and graded occasionally.
Grades will be calculated as follows:
- 30% Unit tests
- 25% Quizzes
- 20% Class work/homework
- 15% Special Projects/oral proficiency
- 10% Participation
PARTICIPATION: The participation grade
takes into consideration speaking, attentiveness, pronunciation and
understanding, as well as active involvement in class activities, both
listening and speaking.
- A binder (1.1/2") absolutely no spiral notebooks
- 6 dividers,
Dividers will include:
2. class work
- 1 red pen
- 1 black/blue pen
-1 No.2 pencil
- pencil sharpener
Your donation and support are greatly appreciated.
- computer paper
- white board markers
- hand sanitizer
SIGN UP FOR CLASSROOM REMINDERS AND UPDATES.
To receive messages via text, text @kc2b3g to 81010. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying 'unsubscribe' @kc2b3g
PARENTS' AND STUDENTS' ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:After reading the above information, please
print and complete the following Parents' and Students' Acknowledgement and turn it in on or before Tuesday,
August 30, 2016.
Sra. Salamanca. Spanish 1
Parents' and Students' Acknowledgement
I understand the policies and procedures
explained in class, and written on the class website, and I have shared them
with my parents. I look forward to learning Spanish I this year. I will check
the “Teacher Web” website to be well informed about what is expected of me
even when I am absent from school. I
have also joined Remind101 to receive class reminders and updates.
Student's cell No.
Parent´s cell No.
Home phone number: