May 24, 2013
I cannot believe that we have only one more week of school left. This year has flown by and I am amazed everyday with this class. It has been such a wonderful year!
Reading Response Sheets:
We are DONE for the year!!!! No Reading Response Sheet will be due next week.
Next week will be filled with fun and exciting events.
· Our last 6th grade reading partner group
· Sidewalk Chalk in the afternoon (children don’t know this yet!)
· Our last Spanish Class
· Kindergarten/First Grade “Trade Day” The kindergartners will spend an hour being “First Graders” in the First Grade Classroom. The First Graders will get to be “Kindergartners”!!
· Service Awards for grades 1-8 in church at 8:15am
· 8th Grade Appreciation Day in the afternoon
· Carnival hosted by the 6th Grade Reading Partners: 8:30-10:15am in the Dining Room
· Children will help “clean” the room! That should be fun!
· Presentation of Kindergarten Certificates (this is just for us!) It’s my little private time with them to congratulate them and wish them well as First Graders.
· Last day of school: Dismissal at the regular time
I just want to thank all of you for all your support and cooperation this year. You have been a great group of parents and I will really miss you all next year!
God bless you and your family,