This webquest concentrates on the immigration of Europeans to America in the
early twentieth century.
MAJOR CURRICULUM AREA:
INTERRELATED CURRICULUM AREA:
FLORIDA STANDARDS AND BENCHMARKS ADDRESSED:
1. establishes a purpose for reading.
2. develops vocabulary by reading independently and using references.
3. uses a variety of refence materials to gather information.
4. focuses on a central idea or topic.
5. uses supporting ideas and specific information that clearly relate to the
6. uses effective sentence variety.
7. generally follows the conventions of punctuation, capitalization, and
spelling appropriate at a third-grade or higher level.
8. uses basic features of page format (indentions and margins).
9. uses electronic technology to create, revise, retrieve, and verify
10. attempts to use a variety of sentence structures to present ideas.
11. uses elements of grammar correctly.
12. makes connections between information in texts and stories and historical
1. reads and interprets a single timeline identifying the order of events.
NOTE - This applies only if the student does the activity given
in the conclusion.
2. knows different ways people view and relate to places and regions
throughout the world.
NATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY STANDARDS FOR STUDENTS
BASIC OPERATIONS AND CONCEPTS-
1. Students demonstrate a sound understanding of the nature and operation
of technology systems.
SOCIAL, ETHICAL, AND HUMAN ISSUES-
1. Students practice responsible use of technology systems, information,
2. Students develop positive attitudes toward technology uses that support
lifelong learning, collaboration, personal pursuits, and productivity.
TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS-
1. Students use technology tools to enhance learning, increase
productivity, and promote creativity.
TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH TOOLS-
1. Students use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information
from a variety of sources.
TARGETED GRADE LEVEL:
LENGTH OF LESSON:
Approximately 1-2 weeks
*Molly's Pilgrim by Barbara Cohen
*Computers with internet access
*Notebooks and pencils