Technology Issues with eBook
School Web Site
TEST on Lob's Girl
Below is the test on "Lob's Girl". Choose the BEST answer for each
1) Where did Sandy first meet Lob?
on the beach
at her house
on a village road
at Mr. Dodsworth's house
2) Why did Lob insist on returning to the Pengelly's house?
He wanted to live by the ocean.
He was treated cruelly by Mr. Dodsworth.
He loved Sandy
He enjoyed being around a big family.
3) Why did Lob jump through the Pengelly's window?
He smelled Mrs. Pengelly's puddings.
He was looking for Sandy.
He was chasing a stick Sandy threw.
He was trying to find Mr. Dodsworth.
4) Sandy went to the train station to
see Lob one more time before he left.
say goodby to Mr. Dodsworth.
ask Mr. Dodsworth to give up Lob.
invite Lob and Mr. Dodsworth to visit soon.
5) Mr. Dodsworth gave Lob to the Pengellys because he
was too old to take care of a dog.
knew Lob would be happy only with Sandy.
realized he did not like Lob.
did not have enough money to feed Lob.
6) Who first found Sandy after she was hit by a truck?
her brother Don
Dr. Travers and his wife
7) Just after the accident, Sandy's brother discovered that Lob was
looking for Sandy at the beach
waiting for Sandy at home
killed by the truck
taken to the hospital
8) Sandy stirred from her coma when
her parents visited her.
the dog whined at her.
the doctors gave her medicine.
Granny Pearce spoke to her.
9) How did Lob get into the room to see Sandy?
a guard takes pity on him and lets him in.
Sandy's grandmother persuades the staff to let him in.
Sandy's parents bring Lob with them from home.
Lobs sneaks through an open window on the first floor and runs up the stairs.
10) What is left unanswered at the end of the story?
How did the accident happen?
What became of the driver of the truck,
Where did Don go on the night of the accident?
Was it really Lob that appeared at the hospital?
11) What is the mood of someone who is MELANCHOLY?
12) A person is most likely to ATONE for
admiring a friend
meeting a friend
hurting a friend
13) A person is most likely to become AGITATED by
14) If you CONCEAL an object, you
15) To INQUIRE means to
Last Modified: Thursday, Mar. 10, 2011
© 2014 TeacherWeb, Inc.
Content on this site is the responsibility of the Subscriber. Additional information is available in the
TeacherWeb Terms & Conditions