Students are provided a snack, outdoor time, and homework time. Students are supervised by Cobb County ASP employees and East Side staff.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM RULES
1. Every student attending the After School Program (ASP) must have a current ASP Registration Form on file at our school. It is the parent’s responsibility to inform the school of any changes of the information, particularly phone numbers and emergency contacts, on the ASP Registration Form.
2. ASP is a PREPAID program. Parent agrees to pay a non-refundable annual registration fee of $10 per student. (The registration fee is transferable between Cobb County Elementary Schools). Parent agrees to prepay $7.00 per day per student. If the student’s account becomes past due, the student may not attend the program, and the parent must make other arrangements for after school care.
3. Payment must be made prior to attendance. Enclose all ASP payments, cash or checks, in the ASP payment envelope and drop the payment in the school’s safe or drop box. ASP checks must be made payable to the school. Please make sure you complete information required, student’s full name, teacher, and grade. If the payment is for more than one student, please include names of all students and amounts you want deposited to each student’s account. Do not include other school money, such as lunch, PTA or field trips. Change will not be given. All money will be credited to the student’s ASP account.
4. If a check is returned unpaid from the bank, the check will be charged back to your student’s account. If the account becomes delinquent, you will have three (3) days from the date notified by the school to bring the account current. Failure to pay within this time may result in the student being removed from ASP. After two (2) returned checks, only CASH or MONEY ORDERS will be accepted for the remainder of the school year.
5. The hours of the program are from the time school ends until 6 PM on the days that school is in session. Attendance will be taken immediately after school dismissal and the student’s account will be charges.
6. A LATE FEE of $1.00 per minute per student will be charged for every minute past 6 PM, according to the school clock. Your student may be withdrawn from the program after the third (3rd) late pick up.
7. All ASP refunds must be requested in writing. The request must be received no later than Monday of the last week of the school year.
8. Monthly or Summary Student ASP Account Statements are available by request. All requests should be directed to the ASP Director.
Behavior Expectations and Dismissal Procedures
1. The same behavior expectations apply in ASP as during the regular school day. All Cobb County School District policies in the student handbook apply to ASP. Inappropriate behavior may result in your student’s suspension or withdrawal from the program.
2. To ensure the safety and security of all students in ASP, if an emergency occurs that threatens the welfare of a student, a school official will contact the Cobb County Police Department. Late pick-up from ASP may be considered such an emergency.
3. For the protection of your student, only people designated on the registration form will be allowed to pick up your student. IDENTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED. Each student must be signed out at the ASP desk every day.