A PRACTICE WORKBOOK WAS ISSUED ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2013. THIS WORKBOOK IS
FREE. THE REPLACEMENT IS $5.00.
PARENT AND STUDENT INFORMATION LETTER 2013-2014
WELCOME TO BOYET JUNIOR HIGH and Mrs. Barrett's math class!
Notebook or binder
Red pens or markers
A free Practice workbook will be issued to each student. A
replacement is $5.00. There is a limited supply of workbooks, so it
is important that the student keep up with them.
The assignments will be on Teacher Web. In case of computer failure at
home, the students will be required to write their assignments for the week
in their notebook on the first day of the week. Occasionally the assignments
will change during the week. The students will be responsible for making
Homework is for practice on skills that will be tested later. It will not be
graded for accuracy, but for effort and completion. These assignments are
worth 10 points for completed assignments. A zero will be given for
incomplete work or no work.
Quizzes are worth 50 points.
Tests are worth 100 points.
Occasionally, extra credit will be given. These points will be added before
the daily average.
80% of the report card grade will be the average of tests, quizzes,
classwork, etc. 20% of the report card grade is the 9 weeks exam.
It is the student’s responsibility to see me for any missed work. I will
follow the St. Tammany Parish school board guidelines for makeup work missed
due to a child’s absence.
1) I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY WORK IN PEN!!! PENCIL ONLY!!!
2) I do not give or loan supplies. The student is responsible for all
of their supplies. They should not depend on their classmates to supply them
with what they need.
3) Pencils should be sharpened before the tardy bell rings.
4) Homework should be on their desk before the tardy bell rings.
5) No one will be allowed to leave the room for water, restroom or to
retrieve belongings left in another class or in the locker.
6) Students should not pack up their book bags for the next class until
instructed to do so.
7) The teacher will dismiss students from class, not the bell or anyone
on the intercom.
8) Talking or any other form of communication with another student
during a test will be considered cheating. This will result in a zero for
9) Students are asked to bring a novel to read after testing.
State law does not allow a student to interfere with teaching or learning.
Therefore, misbehavior will not be tolerated. If correction is necessary, I
will use parental contact, alternative learning, lunch detentions and office
referrals as a means of correcting misbehavior.
If you need to contact me, I have found e-mail is the quickest way I can
respond. But please feel free to call the office and leave a message for me
and I will contact you as soon as possible.
I look forward to a successful year with your child!