1. We are reading the novel:The Stories Julian Tells by Ann Cameron
2. Please work with me to keep the kids on track and motivated for this last stretch of school. Please keep up with routines, homework, and behavior.
3. ILEAP Testing is this week for our third graders. Please be here on time to avoid any interruptions. We will be taking our end of the year SLT Assessments this week also.
4. Art Day is Friday, May 12th. We will need lots of volunteers to make this a successful event. Please consider helping out!
5. Our chorus students will be performing at the PTA meeting on Tuesday, May 9th at 6:30. They have been working very hard for this performance.
Dates to Remember:
5/5 - Paws Up Reward
5/5 - Wear your Favorite Sport shirt/ 2 boxes of chocolate sold
5/9 - Chorus Performance/ PTA Meeting
5/10 - Chorus Performance at school
5/12 - Art Day
5/22 - PBIS Beach Party
5/23 - 1/2 Day for Students
What are we learning this week:
Reading - summarize; compare and contrast; author's purpose
Language – adjectives, compound words, verbs, sequencing
Word Study - Spell words with hard and soft consonants c and g
Math – Problem solving with Length, Money, and Data
Science - Moon; Solar System
Social Studies - Maps/ Landforms