The mission of the Northlake Christian School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive counseling program for junior high and high school students in which they are challenged and encouraged to grow into young men and women who possess strong Christian faith, high academic achievement, and moral responsibility in current and future endeavors.
Meet your School Counselor!
985-635-0400 Ext. 2006
Jenni Vega arrived on the campus of NCS in 2002 with a desire to minister to young people however she could. After six years as a classroom teacher and four years as the English Department Head, Mrs. Vega is presently working as the Secondary School Counselor assisting the students of NCS with academic, college/career, and personal counseling. Mrs. Vega holds her undergraduate degree in English from Southeastern Louisiana University and her Master’s Degree in Education with a specialization in School Counseling from Liberty University. Mrs. Vega and her husband, Reginald, have three children, Dominick, Abigail, and Andrea, who all have attended NCS since preschool. The Vegas are active members of New Beginnings Church in Covington, LA.
What Can Your School Counselor Do For YOU???
College and Career Counseling
- College choice, application process, and scholarship information
- ACT questions, preparation, and strategies
- Choice of Career and/or College Major
- Recommendation Letters
- TOPS Requirements, Awards, etc.
- Classroom Performance and/or Progress
- Scheduling (questions about course selection, college requirements for courses, graduation requirements, etc.)
- Crisis counseling
- Conflict Management/Mediation
- Discipleship/Spiritual Issues
If you need help in any of these areas, see your school counselor TODAY!
“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails…”