Ms. Turner: 8th Grade English at Dr. Kevin M. Hurley Middle School (email@example.com)
To educators and to all who choose to use my photographs, documents and information that are posted on this site - Should you choose to use these materials in your classroom or for any other educational purpose, please remember not only to cite this website as your resource, but also to request permission to use these documents. Documents, images, and information used for educational purposes has been cited. Nothing can be sold. Teach your students and/or remember the etiquette and importance of citing that which does not belong to you. Requesting permission is as easy as clicking on the mail icon at the top of the page and sending your request to me via email. Thank you.
Directions: Scroll down to find classwork and homework listed by date.
Months are highlighted in green; days/dates are highlighted in yellow.
Thursday, September 4
1. Students received the following:
- Schedule, locker/locker combination and planners
- 8th grade syllabus
- Required parent signature forms (medical, photo release, technology contract, picture day...) Due Monday, September 9th.
- Even though we are housed in a middle school, 8th grade is the first year of high school according to the Common wealth of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts is not a state. Massachusetts is a commonwealth.
- Each student will "figure out" the gifts he/she was given at birth, his/her learning style, what it means to be an independent, self-directed learner, and strategies for self-advocation.
3. Class Materials: due Monday, September 9th
- Student choice college-ruled notebook/journal
- Five 2-pocket folders(1 home to school folder and 1 folder for each quarter = 5 folders)
- 3 pens
- 3 pencils and a hand-held pencil sharpener
- 3 highlights (3 different colors)
- glue sticks
- 1 box of tissue given to your homeroom teacher