Tuesday, June 10, 2014
I'm writing today with some information regarding our upcoming Living Wax Museum and our Field Trip to Boston's Freedom Trail:
1. Living Wax Museum: Please note that the Rough Draft of your child's Speech is due TOMORROW, Wednesday, June 11th. Every student needs to have his/her speech typed into a Google Document by TOMORROW, so that I can make edits during the remainder of this week and over the weekend if necessary. I have given quite a bit of time in class to work on this, but due to our very hectic schedule, there will be *very limited* (if any) time in class for your child to type his/her speech during the remainder of the week! I realize that I am sending this at 5:30 in the evening, and there is a Band Concert tonight, so your child may work on this tomorrow night (Wednesday night) if necessary. I just ask that your child share his/her speech with me (via Google Docs) by this coming Thursday, June 12th!
In addition, I'd like to remind you that your child needs to bring his/her entire costume and any props that he/she will be using during the Living Wax Museum presentation to school on Monday, June 16th so that we can have a "dress rehearsal!"
Here are the due dates that I previously sent via NewsFlash:
Rough Draft of Speech due: Wednesday, June 11th.
Final Draft of Speech due: Friday, June 13th.
Costume and props brought into school by: Monday, June 16th.
Please feel free to email or call me if you have any questions about the requirements for this project, and I am happy to provide more details.
2. Field Trip to Boston's Freedom Trail: this Thursday, June 12th
Mrs. Perpall sent a Field Trip Checklist home with your child last weekend, and I will be going over it with all of the students tomorrow during school. I am also including it here for you* and your child to use tomorrow night in order to help your child prepare for this field trip.
*Chaperones who will be joining us on Thursday should pay particularly close attention to this list, since there are items that apply to you directly!*
Field Trip Checklist
Freedom Trail Trip, Boston
Day: Thursday, June
Time: 8:00 (Buses
leave at 8:15 AM)
- In a small
backpack, you will need to bring:
- A bag lunch and
snack – no glass bottles
- A water bottle
- Small umbrella
or rain jacket (if needed)
- Up to five
- Dress for the weather. This is a rain or shine event.
- Wear very
comfortable walking shoes (i.e. sneakers).
No flip flops or loose shoes are allowed.
- You may bring up
to $5. You may not bring any more money.
- NO electronics
are allowed, except for a camera.
- You may bring a
camera, but it is your responsibility to keep
track of it. Teachers and chaperones will not be carrying anything for
- Be at school by 8:00 and report directly to your
classroom. The buses will be
- If one of your
parents is chaperoning, make sure he or she has a driver’s license, a cell
phone, and a lunch.
- Your ride home
from school is secured. We return
- Remember that
you are an ambassador for Holliston, for Miller School, and for your
family. We expect exemplary
4. Just a few additional reminders: Since it is now the month of June, I will no longer be giving the French Reading Log that I have been assigning over the weekends for French reading. We have enough going on with the Living Wax Museum and other end of the year projects, so that type of homework will not be given for the last two weekends!
3. If your child has successfully completed the French Reading Incentive, he/she may join us for a Pizza Party at Stoddard Park on June 17th! Your
child needed to read 3 French books (in addition to his/her "Book Report Book"), and complete 3 Finished Book Forms, making a total of 4 French books. The due date for completing the French Reading Incentive was Monday, June 9th.
All of the 5th grade French Immersion students have now completed their last French Spelling Test! I will not be giving any more French Spelling Tests this year! Bien fait, tout le monde!
Feel free to call or e-mail anytime with questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!
If you have not yet done so, please click the button below to enter your e-mail address: