following are some things that you might want to try with your second
grader. We spent the day learning
things about the number 100. Ask
your child what he or she did today in school!
1. Brainstorm things that you could easily
collect in quantities of 100. Then
choose one of the ideas and gather 100 of that item. It may be a collection you already have!
2. How many years would you have to wait
until your 100th birthday?
3. Make a list of things that cost $100.00.
4. How many times can you write your name
in 100 seconds?
5. Find and circle 100 words you can read
in the newspaper!
6. Make a chain of 100 paper loops.
7. Make a human 100 with as many people as
8. Bounce a ball 100 times...jump a rope
100 100 100 100