Week of May 6th...
- Fundations unit 15, week 1
- paper math homework packet (for those not doing IXL)
- IXL - 45 minutes by Friday suggested categories for upcoming weeks under the heading Fractions, Geometry, Data and Graphs
- word problem double sided sheet due by Friday
- Reading log / minimum of 15 minutes (remember we are trying to read 1000 minutes by the end of May. Every 200 minutes read equals one petal on our flowers!)
LONG TERM PROJECTS!
- Time Line Project Due May 8th
- Literacy Parade Project Due June 5th
Homework Routine, in general....
This year all second grade homework will be assigned on Fridays and due back by the following Friday.
Fundations - Words for dictation and a parent letter can be found on naquag's website. Each week the children will have to complete dictation in their blue book. (the blue book will tell you which unit and week number we are working on) After the dictation is complete, the children must also write 5 sentences. Two sentences should be written using two different “current unit” words, two sentences using two different “review” words, and one sentence using one of the trick words.
* To find fundations dictation words..... www.wrsd.net/naquag, click on teacher pages, under grade two, click grade two homework or .....on the left click Links, then GRADE 2 HOMEWORK LINKand you'll be there!
Reading Log - We will have a monthly reading log in which the children should average 15 minutes of reading per night. Feel free to use ditto " " marks where appropriate and to record the nightly reading for your child. I am looking for a good combination of "read by child" mixed in with "read with child," and some nights of "read to child." There is nothing like snuggling up with your child and a good book. Happy reading!!!!!!!
Math - Children should complete 45 minutes minimum on IXL working in the monthly assigned category. For the month of September this is place values. After the assigned 45 minutes, maybe your child would like to try grade 3 place values?
If ever going online becomes an issue (broken computer, etc.), please be in touch and I can give out paper math homework.
This grade 2 homework is new this year, please share your thoughts or questions. As the year goes on, it may be necessary to make changes to this plan.
In addition to the above, on Fridays when the "Friday Journal" comes home, I'd ask that you take a few moments and write a brief letter back to your child on the next page of the Friday journal. Thanks so much :)