Dear Kindergarten Parents,
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has mandated new immunization requirements. He/she must provide the necessary information in order for your child to be admitted to school in August. If any information is missing, the doctor must present a letter explaining the medical reasons for the deficiency, or assure us in writing that the child is in the process of completing the requirements.
The new requirements are as follows:
1. Five (5) doses of DtaP/DTP.
2. Four (4) doses of Polio.
3. Two (2) doses of MMR.
4. Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B
5. Two (2) doses of Varicella or physician certified reliable history of chicken pox.
6. Result of a lead screen test.
7. Results of vision and hearing screening (completed at pediatrician’s office.)
8. A completed physical.
Please do not leave the doctor’s office without all of the information documented on the physical examination form. By law, we must deny entry to children without a completed physical form and the required immunizations. The forms are due August 27, 2012.
Diane Gage RN, BSN