School Nurse: Leslie McInnis, RN, BSN
Health Aide: Charlene Harn
Address: 628 Washington Street, Franklin, MA 02038
Phone #: 508-541-2135
About the staff...
Leslie McInnis, RN, BSN: Mrs. McInnis has been a Registered Nurse for 30 years and a school nurse for 15 years. Please feel free to email (link in left hand column) or call her with any health related questions or concerns you have regarding your child. You can contact Mrs. McInnis, RN, daily between 7:45am and 2:45pm.
Charlene Harn, Health Aide: Mrs. Harn has been the Remington-Jefferson health aide for 9 years. All 4 of her children attended Jefferson and Remington. If you have any questions or concerns that you would like a 'parent' perspective on, please feel free to email or call her. You can contact Mrs. Harn daily between 10am and 2pm.
Mrs. Harn's email address:
Role of the School Nurse...
* Provide health assessments, first aid and emergency care
* Conduct state mandated screenings, including vision, hearing, postural and height/weight
* Develop and implement Individual Health Care Plans for students with special health care needs
* Oversee medication administration for prescription and over the counter medications
* Maintain confidential school health records
* Provide links to access community health services
* Provide health counseling and education, individually and in the classroom setting
* Monitor immunization compliance and communicable disease control