Gizmos are online, virtual labs, found at www.explorelearning.com
When a Gizmo is assigned, there are two factors that influence your grade: 1) The Exploration Sheet (10-15 pts) and 2) The Assessment Questions (5 pts).
The exploration sheets can be downloaded directly from the gizmo website under the tabs "Lesson Info" or "Lesson Materials." You are responsible for printing these out and doing the work. There are two types of files, a .doc and a .pdf. The .doc is a good choice if you plan on using Microsoft Word to type directly into the document (this file is formated for Microsoft word only). The .pdf is a good choice if you plan on doing the work by hand.
The Assessment Questions can be found on the same page as the Gizmo, by scrolling down. You need to answer all 5 questions and click "Check Your Answers." Your answers will be sent to me the FIRST
time you click this button. ****HINT****
These questions are usually easier if you do the exploration guide first.
You are given at least one week to do these, start ahead of time, in case there are technical difficulties. Having your computer crash the night before is NOT an acceptable excuse for failing to complete the assignment on time.
Select the Green Login button at the top and enter your username and password.
Creating an Account:
You only need to do this the first
time you register for gizmos in my class.
1. Go to www.explorelearning.com
2. Select the blue "Enroll in a class" button at the top of the page
3. Enter your class code:
Period 2: CF4SE3UOD
Period 3: CFZKYUNVD
Honors Bio: CE77TBB8D
AP Bio: CD9MHAHSD
4. If you had an account last year and remember your login and password, select the blue link and follow the instructions.
5. If you have not had a Gizmo account in the past, or have forgotten your login info, select the green link and follow the instructions. Please note that I will be able to see your login and password.
6. Be sure to keep your login and password in a safe place, so you will be able to refer to them again in the future.