Preschool Speech & Language
|Home | Announcements | Home Practice | Wish List | Calendar | Frequently Asked Questions | Speech-Language Pathologists | Links | Child Development | Photos/Docs | Email|
Articulation Home Practice
** Recommended 5-10 minutes DAILY at home
Your child's speech and language pathologist will provide you with information regarding your child's targeted speech sounds to work on at home. Once you have received information and cards targeting the sounds you are working on, here are some activities to practice your sounds at home.
To Make Articulation Practice/Flash Cards
Color the pictures of targeted sounds
Glue the worksheet on construction paper
Cut out the squares to make cards
Once you have made your practice cards, here are some activities to try at home
1. Put a piece of cereal on each card. Say the word and eat your cereal. Do it again.
2. Have a family member hide a card behind their back. Guess which card it is.
3. Put the cards on the refrigerator. Say your words before and after lunch.
4. Say your words to your favorite doll, teddy bear, or pet.
5. Tell your word cards to each family member and give them a hug.
6. When in the car, say 1 or 2 of your words each time the car stops at a red light.
7. Pick a card game. Have a family member hold the cards, pick on, say it.
8. Shine a flashlight on each card and name it.
9. Drive a toy car over the cards as you name them.
10. Call someone on the phone and tell them your words.