All students who plan on applying to private school for next school year must meet with their guidance counselor and hand in all of the necessary paperwork by December 20, 2013. When coming to your guidance counselor you must:
Bring all forms from the school you are applying to.
- Bring in a stamped envelope (two per envelope), addressed to EACH private school you are applying for.
- We've streamlined the process and the private schools appreciate getting all the information at once from the guidance counselor.
- PLEASE remember you are asking for a recommendation. Keep in mind this is extra work for your teachers. Say "Thank you."
- The guidance office will coordinate having all your recommendations and transcripts sent to the schools you are applying to.
- Please contact your guidance counselor with any questions.
We recommend that you visit schools, take tours, meet current students and gather as much information as possible to help you make the decision about which school is best for you. We always suggest that you write a Thank You note to any school that you visit.
Once you make the decision to attend a private school, you must notify the main office that you are longer enrolling in the Lexington Public Schools. You will need to inform us of which school you will be attending and a parent/guardian will have to come to school to sign release forms, so we can send the school all of your records at the end of the school year.
Diamond Faculty and Staff are more than willing to complete private school applications. Please encourage your student to narrow their choices to no more than 5 schools. If you submit more than 5 applications, faculty and staff will use only the common applications for all of the schools. Given the number of recommendations requested, this is the only fair way to meet the needs of all students. Thank you for your understanding.