If you are having trouble uploading files to your portfolio, try these directions:
Remember that you must use your private account, not GAFE.
1. Open file in Microsoft Word
2. Copy and paste file onto a Google Document
3. Share the document and press shareable link to copy the link to your clipboard (make sure the share setting is set to Can View only)
4. Go to your website press the pencil button to edit the page you want to
5. Go to insert, Google drive, and document
6. Copy the document link into the document viewer and press done.
7. You have to save the webpage before you can see the document
Dear GT Students,
Every year, the High School GT Research Program hosts a conference in April to showcase some of the outstanding work of Independent Research and Intern/Mentor students. This conference is FOR students, and run BY students. We would like to offer you an opportunity to be involved in the planning of the 22nd Annual Student Learning Conference as a member of the Student Executive Committee (SEC). Students will be asked to attend two evening meetings per month between January and March. Attendance is imperative, as there is much to do in a very short time. Our kick-off meeting will be Wednesday, December 17th at Mt. Hebron High School (9440 Old Frederick Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042) from 6:30-7:30pm. Meetings will alternate between Mt. Hebron and Oakland Mills High School in Columbia to even–out commuting for students involved.
If you are interested in being involved, please fill out the following form and we will be in touch in December with the meeting agenda: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1J4GBoIiG4UAOorPoHYqFWcRN6zTadC57b0aT9qW02oU/viewform
We look forward to working with you!
Dr. Kiehl (MHHS)
Mr. James (OMHS)
To clarify some items for the Google site portfolio assignment, I listed remedies to common mistakes that people made when creating their portfolio pages. Be sure that you:
- Follow the directions that I shared with you in my GAFE account- Us your personal Google account for the portfolio, NOT your GAFE account- Be sure that you are uploading PDF files for your annotated bibs. and your hypothesis (research question)- The sharing settings should be anyone with the link- Be sure to paste the shared link into the spreadsheet in Mr. Eckert's GAFE account
For Parents of GT Research students:
Interested parents and community members are
invited to attend…
The Howard County
Gifted and Talented (G/T) Education Program Parent
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Overview of the GT Program
Gifted and Talented Education Program Overview
7:00 – 8:00 G/T Education Program – Auditorium
G/T Program staff members and students present
a comprehensive overview of the G/T Program offerings at the
elementary, middle, and high school levels.
8:05 – 8:30 Question and Answer Sessions:
Elementary G/T Program Offerings: Auditorium
Middle G/T Program Offerings: Classroom 215
High School G/T Courses: Classroom 216
Learn about the advanced-level offerings that are available through
the G/T Education Program and how your child can become involved!
Hammond High School
8800 Guilford Road, Columbia, MD 21046
There is now a G/T FAQ link and an Interest form link on the menu to the left for those interested in signing up for the GT Intern-Mentor class or the GT Independent Research class.
Feel free to stop by room 338 anytime to talk to Mr. Eckert about the G/T Independent Research
or G/T Intern-Mentor programs.
If you have any questions regarding MRHS G/T Research classes, either
the G/T Independent Research class or the G/TIntern/Mentor class, please see the FAQ section of this website or contact Mr. Eckert, the MRHS G/T Resource teacher at 410-313-5432 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org