Blue Heron Elementary
Full Day Kindergarten
5. I graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science
Degree in Elementary Education in December, 2000. Three years later, I
completed my Masters Degree in Elementary Teaching.
4. I have several hobbies including spending time with my husband (John) and
my cat (Layla), reading, cooking, karate (I have my blue belt), watching
Twins Baseball (GO TWINS!!!) and keeping active. I also love to dance. I have
coached the competitive varsity dance team at Totino-Grace High School for
the past 18 years.
3. I LOVE to travel! In the past couple of years I have traveled to San
Francisco, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Chicago and New York! I also had the
amazing opportunity to visit Beijing and X'ian in China. I have been to
Disney World seven times, and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York
City...twice! The farthest place I have traveled is Australia. That was a
very long airplane ride!
2. Teaching is my passion. In the past, I have taught Kindergarten, First
Grade, and Second Grade. This is my 12th year teaching and my 7th year
teaching Kindergarten at Blue Heron!
1. The most important thing that I would like you to know about me is that I
feel very lucky to be here with you this year. I have a special fondness for
Kindergarten and...I LOVE BLUE HERON!