Physical Education Policies
- To provide an extensive array of activities with an abundance of opportunities for every student to be successful.
- To create a physical education program where students are totally accountable for their own actions.
- Learn skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities.
- To provide physical activity that will enable each student to monitor desired gains.
- To participate in regular physical activity.
- To allow students to experience competitive and non-competitive activities along with individual and team activities.
- To value and know the impact of physical activity and leading a healthy lifestyle.
Uniforms & Locker Room Conduct:
- All students will dress in shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes for class. (Different from what is worn to school)
- No tank tops, or cut off sleeve shirts.
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants may be worn in addition to gym clothes when weather is cold.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS.
- No Horseplay.
- Students will be given a locker and will be responsible for providing a lock and locking up valuables.
- Application of Skills 35%
- Written Assignments/Tests 30%
- Daily Participation 35%
Daily Participation: Students will earn a maximum of five (5) points each day in Physical Education Class.
You will earn Zero points for:
- Non dressed / Non Active
- Unexcused Absence
- Being Disruptive / Insubordinate
- Destroying School Property
You will earn a Maximum of 2 point for:
- Non dressed active (Ex. Walking around gym or given area)
- Displaying or voicing obscenities
- Breaking game rules or expectations
- Putting others down
You will earn a Maximum of 3 points for:
- Being tardy for class
- Reduced effort during activity
- Performing unsafe acts
You will earn a Maximum of 4 points for:
- Showing poor sportsmanship
- Arguing with others
- Reduced effort
Students with excused absences may make up points by picking up a PE Make-up Form, from Mr. Welle. It is your responsibility, as a student, to make up any missed work.