VOCABULARY WORDS FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 22,2013
1. monocot 2. dicot 3. angiosperm 4. gymnosperm 5. cambium 6. phloem 7.
xylem 8. stomata 9. pistils 10. pollination 11. ovule 12. flower 13. sepals
14. petals 15. stamens
Note: Vocabulary word definitions will not be posted on this homework page
this week. While at school, students were given ample amount of time and
opportunity to get the definitions.
Please choose one of the following as your homework assignment for this
week. Your homework grade is based upon the points earned for each assignment.
1. alphabetize words- 10 points
2. use a dictionary to define words- 15 points
3. create a sentence with each word- 15 points
4. cut out pictures that define each word-be sure to label- 10 points
5. write a short story with 10 words, must make sense-20 points
6. make a crossword puzzle using graph paper-15 points
7. solve a friend's crossword search- 5 points
8. make a flip book to include the word and definition and one of the
following: antonym, synonym, or picture- 25 points
9. write a poem or song with at least ten words- 20 points
10. explain all terms in your own words-(must use complete sentences)-20
11. spelling triangles- 5 points
12. draw a picture that defines each word- be sure to label-15 points
The homework grade is determined by the assignments completed by the
student. Therefore, assignments completed and turned in reflect the
activities chosen by the student.Remember your homework is due on Friday!!