2009-10 ACADEMIC EMPHASIS AND 2ND HONOR ROLL BREAKFAST
On Friday, November 5th we will honor 895 students who have achieved academic excellence in the school cafeteria during 1st & 2nd periods.
Please have your student look for their name on the lists posted on the wall outside the front office in a few weeks. Occasionally errors occur, if their name has been incorrectly omitted from the list they should put their name on the Student Verification Form on the counter in the front office this week. They cannot attend the breakfast event if their name is not on the list.
For student academic eligibility information go to: Academic Honor Roll Eligibility
WE WILL NEED MANY VOLUNTEERS HOW YOU CAN HELP:
· Set-up and clean up.
· Hand out certificate packets.
· Prepare donated food before event starts and during event. Fruit will need to be washed.
- Beverages will need to be prepared. Food will need to be cut/sliced and divided for each class.
· Most students serve themselves but we need parents to help if needed. Our culinary arts students will be at the event to help with all the food preparation and will help serve
- We will need volunteers to pick up vendor donations the day before and the morning of the event. The vendors are located on Highways 55 and 64. Instructions for pick will follow.
Members of our committee are in the process of solicitation at fast food restaurants and grocery stores for donations. We have been very fortunate in the past and many businesses have been very generous. However, with the state of today's economy, the businesses might not be able to give as generously as in the past.
A monetary or food donation is greatly appreciated.
You can donate money for purchasing food and/or paper products.
If you wish to make a monetary donation, please email me with your intention and make your check payable to AHS PTSA.
Mail to: Linda Colhoun P.O. Box 322 Apex, NC 27502
Or you can leave your check at the front office in a sealed envelope. Note on outside “Academic Breakfast attn: Linda Colhoun”
Suggested food donations:
- Items that can be purchased are: cinnamon rolls, pastries, bagels/cream cheese, mini muffins, and cookies.
- Fruits include grapes, oranges, strawberries, bananas or whatever fruit is in season and easy to serve.
- Jimmy Deans Breakfast Sandwiches (snack size) are very popular, they come12 and16 per pack. Most groceries stores carry them and they are located in the breakfast freezer sections. They might come in larger sizes at Sam’s or BJ’s (do not prepare them the culinary arts students will heat them the morning of the event).
- We are providing Krispy Kreme Donuts, drinks and paper products. Please remember to support out local businesses that have continued to support our breakfast event.
-Please no paper products, fruit salads or items that require eating utensils.
Contact information: Linda Colhoun at LColhoun1@nc.rr.com, Phone 362-8218.