• NC Geography: plotting points, map skills, latitude, longitude,
intermediate and cardinal directions. Project is 3D map of N.C.
• Early Settlements of N.C: Lost Colony, Exploration, and Native
• Rocks and Minerals: weathering, erosion, mineral characteristics,
sedimentary, metamorphic, igneous, rock cycle, classification of rocks
• Early Statehood of N.C: slavery, Civil War, early transportation and
communication, Wright Brothers, Great Depression, WWII, Civil Rights
• N.C. Symbols: Project is N.C. symbol ornament
• N.C. Government: local and state government, Capitol Building,
Legislative, Judicial, Executive branches.
• Electricity: static electricity, circuits, magnetism, compasses
• N.C. Festivals and Celebrations
• Cultures of each region
• Animals: habitats, food chains, adaptations. Project is a shoebox
animal habitat with a research paper.
• N.C Economy/Technology
• Nutrition: reading food labels, healthy eating, My Pyramid, planning
healthy meals, food safety