2014 - 2015
Monday February 9
the grade 9 boys volleyball team on capturing tier 2 silver at the NLVA 15U
Provincials over the weekend
Monday January 26
the grade 8 girls volleyball team on capturing the silver medal at the grade 8
girls NLESD tournament over the weekend
Monday January 12
to the grade 7 girls volleyball team on finishing 3rd place in the
Brother Rice Invitational Tournament this past weekend
2013 - 2014
Monday March 10
Congratulations to the grade 8 girls volleyball team on capturing the gold in tier 2 at MPI last weekend.
Monday March 3
Congratulations to the grade 9 girls volleyball team on capturing the silver at Holy
Trinity last weekend.
Monday February 3
Congratulations to the grade 9 girls volleyball team on winning the gold medal at Provincials last weekend
Monday September 30
Congratulations to the grade 9 girls volleyball team
on their bronze medal performance this weekend at Holy Trinity.
Monday March 11
Congratulations to the grade 7 boys volleyball team for capturing gold at the Provincial Grade 7 Boys volleyball championships this weekend!
Monday March 4
Congratulations to the grade 9 girls volleyball team on winning their tournament this past weekend in Bay Roberts!
Monday February 18
Congratulations to the grade 8 girls volleyball team on capturing the bronze medal at the Holy Trinity Invitational Volleyball Tournament over the weekend.
Monday December 10
- Congratulations to the grade 8 boys volleyball team who captured the NLVA grade 8 boys city league championship
- Congratulations to the grade 8 girls volleyball team who finished second in the NLVA grade 8 girls city league championship. Congratulations to Nora Boone for being named Most Valuable Player for the league.
Monday October 30, 2012: NLVA VolleyFest RecapSt. Paul's had a record 6 teams participate in the NLVA's VolleyFest 2012, which had 181 teams entered to compete this weekend past. VolleyFest is now the largest school-based tournament in Canada. With our teams playing in a variety of venues across the city, St. Paul's Jr. High was certainly well represented throughout this fantastic event. All teams competed well and some highlights from the weekend were our grade 7 girls team who very much enjoyed their first volleyball tournament experience, particularly a 3rd set victory over Macdonald Drive Jr. High in the round robin, as well as our grade 7 boys made it to the semi finals where a very strong Pearson team gained the upper hand and put an end to their medal hopes for this year. The grade 8 girls team had a fantastic weekend of competition reaching the Tier 1 division based on solid play from their round robin games and our grade 8 boys team nearly pulled an upset against the 1st place Clarenville in their quarter final match losing 15-10 in the 3rd set. Our grade 9 boys team made their competitive debut this weekend and narrowly lost out on advancing to a semi final game by just 3 points, 15-12 in the 3rd set, to the eventual winners, Clarenville. The grade 9 girls team also played very hard losing out to Beaconsfield in the quarter final match while using their newly introduced team system of a 5-1 rotation, and gained many compliments and positive comments on their excellent play and representation of St. Paul's from referees and organizers.VolleyFest was certainly a success for all St. Paul's teams and we wish them well as they continue their play in the NLVA/MAX After School League as our teams hunt for some championship banners to bring back to our school!
Monday December 12, 2011: St. Paul’s volleyball teams were extremely successful Monday in the NLVA Afterschool League Finals. Both the Grade 9 Boys and the Grade 7 “A” Girls captured gold medals and will each raise a banner in the gym. The Grade 8 Girls and the Junior Boys also finished the season strong as both teams came away with silver medals! Congratulations to all of our volleyball teams who represented St. Paul’s this season!
Alison Poynter, a grade 9 student at St. Paul’s Jr. High, was selected as a finalist for the NLVA Jr. High Female Athlete of the year. This award is given annually to the most outstanding Jr. High Female Athlete of the Year in volleyball. The NLVA Annual Awards Supper will take place in Corner Brook on June 11th, 2011.
Alison has accomplished many different achievements over the 2010-2011 season.
- 2010-2011 Achievements:
- Selected to NLVA 15U Regional Team 2010
- Selected to NLVA 15U Team NL Provincial Team 2010
- Selected to MAX Academy 15U Team 2010-2011 that traveled to Volleyball Canada’s Eastern Canadian Open Championships in Sherbrooke, Quebec, (Finished in Division 1, Tier 2)
- Selected to practice and play with the Holy Heart Volleyball Club and competed at NLVA 16U Provincial Tournament in Clarenville, Bronze medal
- Selected to Team NL 15U Selection Camp May 2011
- Selected to Team NL 15U Provincial Team for Summer 2011
- 2010-2011 Awards:
- Most Spirited Player for St. Paul’s Grade 9 team at NLVA After School League (Fall 2010)
- Most Spirited Player at MAX Winter After School League
- Most Spirited Player for St. Paul’s Grade 9 Team for 2010-2011
- Other Volleyball Activities:
- Alison attended all volleyball development sessions and camps offered at St. Paul's and Holy Heart High School this year and helped at practices during the year with the Grade 7 Girls Volleyball Team at our school to help improve their skills. Alison also regularly signs up for all house league camps, tune up sessions, etc. that are offered through MAX Volleyball and other organizations to continue to improve her skills.
Grade 9 Girls Volleyball Update (Sunday March 27, 2011)
Congratulations to our grade 9 girls volleyball team who captured the bronze medal at the Frank Roberts Invitational this weekend!
Congratulations! (Monday, February 21, 2011)
Congratulations to Alison Poynter, Annie Saunders, and Hannah Boone who were part of the Holy Heart of Mary midget girls team who captured the Tier 1 bronze medal at the 2011 NLVA 16 & under Provincial tournament this past weekend in Clarenville.
Grade 9 Boys Volleyball Update (Monday February 7th)
Congratulations to the Grade 9 Boys Volleyball Team for capturing the silver medal in the Tier 2 NLVA Provincial Tournament held in Corner Brook this past weekend. A special thank you to coach Mike Kelly for his time and efforts this season and the parents who traveled with the team.
Grade 9 Girls Volleyball Update (Monday, November 22, 2010)
The grade 9 girls Volleyball team had a very good showing in Clarenville this past weekend, placing 2nd in their division and narrowly lost in the bronze medal game to Holy Trinity. Out of 16 teams the girls placed 4th and received lots of good comments on their playing from other team coaches. Way to go!