Welcome to the Barka PTA Volunteer Page
"Volunteers are paid in six figures... S-M-I-L-E-S"
Our 2013/2014 volunteer coordinators are Yvonne Apuan and Megan Spencer. Please contact them with any volunteering questions at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, April 28. 9 am, April School Vacation week: Nature's Classroom Volunteers needed to help dig large holes for the bases of our statues being designed and built by our fifth graders with the artist-in-residence, Emile Birch, sculptor. We already have a coordinator for the project, but need help digging and adding the small rocks for the base. To find out more, please contact Amy Velez at email@example.com.
April 2014 Update
Spring has arrived and with it plenty of Barka activities!
Please see below for our immediate needs and contact Yvonne Apuan and Megan Spencer with your interest and availability.
We will do our best to keep this page updated with volunteer needs and will also be sending out email blasts to our volunteer distribution list throughout the year.
Open Volunteers Requests
Please contact Yvonne or Megan (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) if you are available for any of the below volunteer needs.
- Budget Committee - 2 Volunteers April 15,16 or 17th (2-3 hours after school) - Our PTA Treasurer, Sushmita Krovi- Anand, has requested 2 volunteers to help review last year's budget and ensure adequate funding for next year. Any help would be appreciated! Please contact Megan Spencer if you are available to help. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Talent Show Door Volunteers - Thursday 4/24 5:30 - 7:00 pm - Mrs. Johnston is looking for a parent volunteer to help take ticket fee at the talent show. There will be 2 volunteers at this event. We are looking for one more! Please contact Megan Spencer if you are available to help. (email@example.com)
- Popcorn Volunteer - most Thursdays 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM - The popcorn team is looking for one or two volunteers to come in early on Thursday mornings to get the popcorn machines up and running. We ideally need someone who can arrive at 7:30 AM to start things up. You are welcome to bring your student a he/she can be in the cafeteria until it's time to go to class. Please email Melinda Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We would like someone ASAP.
- Mother/Son Event - Friday May 9th 6:00 - 8:00 PM - Please contact Megan Spencer if you are available to volunteer for this event. (email@example.com)
- Bringing Steam Back Event - Thursday May 15th 6:00 - 7:00 PM - Mr. Lebel has asked our if our Barka bakers can help out with a few refreshments for his event. Please contact Megan Spencer if you are available to make or purchase a goodie for this event. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spring Fling - Friday May 16th 6:00 - 8:00 PM and Prep before the event, Cleanup after - Please contact Megan Spencer if you are available to volunteer for this event. (email@example.com)
- Angel Fund Meal Volunteers The Angel Fund always needs volunteers to cook meals for Barka families in need! If you are able to donate one of the courses of a meal (main course, salad, dessert, etc.), please contact Mrs. Duys at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's help out our Barka families!