|Home | About the Teacher | FAQ | Supply List | Announcements | Weekly Extra Credit Questions | Classroom Schedule | Fitness/Health Related Websites | Supply Donations | Presidential Fitness Testing Charts | Email|
Weekly Extra Credit Questions
HOMEWORK:There will be one written homework assignment during each quarter of the school year. This is not optional homework, it must be completed and handed in by determined due date. If a student fails to complete homework by due date, there will be a consequence (loss of points towards their total grade.)
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS:
There is an extra credit question posted on my chalkboard every week. The questions will also be posted on my website below. Feel free to write the answer down so you don't forget and then hand in your paper when you have P.E. class. Questions are related to the topic we are currently working on. You have from Monday morning until Friday afternoon to tell me the answer (in school only.) I encourage you to look answers up, read, research, and ask around. Please keep answers to yourself. Everyone has ONE chance to answer the question. I will tell your class the correct answer the following week when the question changes. Don't forget; this is EXTRA CREDIT, it can't hurt you, it can only help! GOOD LUCK :0)
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. SAFETY: Why is it important that EVERYONE watches the bus safety videos? (even if they do not ride the bus to school)
*Everyone must be aware of the safety rules in case they take a field trip during the year, use public transportation, or just to have general knowledge when standing near a bus
2. SOCCER: How many ounces does a standard (size 5) soccer ball weigh?
* 14-16 ounces
3. SOCCER: The first World Cup included 13 teams and they competed in Uruguay. What year was the first World Cup held?
4. SOCCER: How many players are there on a soccer team?
5. FRISBEE: How big is a standard size frisbee (diameter in inches)?
6. FRISBEE: What year did "Ultimate Frisbee" become an official sport?
7. FRISBEE: In 1957 the first frisbee was introduced by a company called WHAM-O. Originally, the flying plastic disc was called a _______ ________.
8. SCOOTER: When riding a scooter you use all of your leg muscles. Name 3 muscles that are in our legs.
* Quadricep "Quad", Hamstring, Gastrocnemius "Calf", Abductor, Adductor, Gluteus, Tensor Fascia Latae, Tibialis Anterior, Biceps Femoris, etc.
9. COOPERATIVE: What is the definition of Cooperate?
*To work together for a common purpose or benefit
10. COOPERATIVE: Give me an example of teamwork that is NOT related to sports.
* building a house, baking a cake, moving furniture, working on a puzzle, acting in a play, singing in a band, etc.
11. COOPERATIVE: Give me another word for "teamwork."
12. VOLLEYBALL: What does the term "Ace" mean?
*This happens when a ball is served over the net and hits the floor (scoring a point) without anyone ever touching the ball
13. VOLLEYBALL: What does the term "Pancake" mean?
* This is a defensive technique where the player extends his/her hand, palm facing down on the floor, and slides their hand under the ball before it hits the floor so that the ball bounces off the back of the hand...keeping it in play
14. VOLLEYBALL: What score (number) is a volleyball game played until to win?
* 15 or 21
15. BASKETBALL: Which state is the B-ball Hall of Fame in?
16. BASKETBALL: What is the diameter of the metal ring that makes up the basketball hoop? (inches)
* 18 inches
17. BASKETBALL: What year was the WNBA (women's national basketball association) formed?
18. DANCE: Tempo is the rate of _________ in which music is played.
19. HOCKEY: How many players are on a floor hockey team?
* 6 (including the goalie)
20. HOCKEY: How many players are on a field hockey team?
21. HOCKEY: What is the trophy called that the winning team of the NHL playoff is awarded?
* The Stanley Cup
22. HANDBALL: Which sport is handball MOST similar to?
23. HANDBALL: If our version of handball were played in the water, what would the sport be called?
* water polo
24. ULTIMATE BALL: What is the maximum number of points a person can earn when taking one single shot in ultimate ball?
* 5 (three for the basketball net and two for the hula hoop; if the ball rolls into the soccer goal it does not count, remember it must be kicked in)