|Home | About the Teacher | FAQ | Supply List | Announcements | Weekly Extra Credit Questions | Classroom Schedule | Fitness/Health Related Websites | Supply Donations | Presidential Fitness Testing Charts | Email|
Weekly Extra Credit Questions
HOMEWORK:There will be one written homework assignment during each quarter of the school year. This is not optional homework, it must be completed and handed in by determined due date. If a student fails to complete homework by due date, there will be a consequence (loss of points towards their total grade.)
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS:
There is an extra credit question posted on my chalkboard every week. The questions will also be posted on my website below. Feel free to write the answer down so you don't forget and then hand in your paper when you have P.E. class. Questions are related to the topic we are currently working on. You have from Monday morning until Friday afternoon to tell me the answer (in school only.) I encourage you to look answers up, read, research, and ask around. Please keep answers to yourself. Everyone has ONE chance to answer the question. I will tell your class the correct answer the following week when the question changes. Don't forget; this is EXTRA CREDIT, it can't hurt you, it can only help! GOOD LUCK :0)
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. MILEAGE CLUB: How many miles do we have to walk to get from Oakland, NJ across the country to San Diego, CA?
* 2,785 miles (approximate)
2. SOCCER: Where on the field does the "kickoff" take place?
* In the center of the field
3. SOCCER: The referee will mark of ____ paces from the center of the goal line for a player to take a penalty kick. How many paces?
4. SOCCER: The first World Cup had 13 teams and was held in Uruguay. What was the year?
5. FRISBEE: In a regulation "Ultimate Frisbee" game, there are how many players on each team?
6. FRISBEE: What was the name of the company that made the first frisbee?
7. FRISBEE: There is a popular frisbee game called "Guts." How many points do you need to win?
8. SCOOTER: If a class is playing scooter ball with 10 students. How many wheels are on the court?
* 32 (remember the goalies don't use scooters, so don't forget you need to subtract 8 wheels)
9. COOPERATIVE GAMES: Give me one synonym of the word "Cooperate."