Frenchtown Elementary School District is honored to have been selected as a
School Choice District
by the New Jersey Department of Education
2013-2014 ENROLLMENT PROCESS
THE NEXT ROUND OF APPLICATIONS HAS BEGUN. THIS IS FOR ENROLLMENT IN SEPTEMBER OF 2013. PARENTS MUST ACT NOW TO MEET DEADLINES BELOW.
As a Choice District, Frenchtown may accept students for enrollment from other communities without expense to the parent. The application process for next year has begun and students accepted to attend Frenchtown Elementary School will start in September of 2013. Any students currently attending other New Jersey schools or students preparing to enroll in kindergarten are eligible to apply for enrollment in Frenchtown.
The first step is to notify your current district of your intent to participate in the School Choice program before the (revised) November 16, 2012
deadline. Click on the following to print the Notice of Intent to Participate form.Intent to Participate form 2013-14
You can also call Frenchtown's main office for an Intent to Participate form (908-996-2751) or visit the school. We can assist you with this process and answer any questions you may have. (form is included in the Questions section below)
Please visit our Open House on Wednesday, October 17th, from 4:30 -6:00 p.m
. The open house will include questions and answers by the Principal/Chief School Administrator, tours of the school by students, and information packets will be available.
Below is the timeline process for enrollment:
1. Parent sends Intent to Participate form to your resident district superintendent by November 16, 2012
2. You will receive written notification from your residence superintendent by November 26, 2012
3. Application is due to Frenchown by December 3, 2012. Application for students 2013-14
4. A lottery may be held if necessary
5. Frenchtown will provide a Conditional Acceptance or Rejection letter by December 21, 2012
6. Parent completes an Intent to Enroll form to Frenchtown by January 4, 2013
7. Frenchtown completes a final notification of enrollment to parent by January 14, 2013
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
about School Choice.
As part of Frenchtown school's personalized level of service, you can always call the school to set up an appointment to discuss your children, have a private tour, and answer any questions you may have about our school. We are very proud of who we are, the environment we provide, and the learning that takes place in Frenchtown.
Additional information on Interdistrict Public School Choice program can be accessed through the New Jersey Department of Education web pages using the links below.
The Interdistrict Public School Choice Act of 2010