Marlton Middle School PTA
|Home | Welcome Letter | Hot News | Morning Announcements | WAWA HOAGIE SALE | Meal Pay Plus | PRIMM Collection | Dropping off and Picking up Students | PTA Membership | Communication Sign-up | PTA Officers | PTA Meeting Schedule | Campbell's Labels for Education | Magnet Sale | Box Tops for Education | On-line Shopping | Target Promo | Escrip Cartridge | HELP | PTA Meeting Minutes | Math in Focus | Clothing Drive | email@example.com|
PTA Meeting Minutes
MMS PTA MEETING
February 12, 2013 Minutes
Meeting called to order by Jayne Norcross at 7:05
Update regarding EScript: Joy advised that we can now connect to Shoprite and the email will be sent to Roe so that an email blast can be sent out to advise everyone to change from Genuardi’s to ShopRite
Michelle advised that the Inaugural Ball was a success. She additionally commented about the Chick Fil A contest and that the sixth graders who won had breakfast with the cow.
Mr. Hoffman advised regarding the following dates:
2/13/13: Board of Education Meeting at MMS at 7 pm.
2/15/13: Teacher in service day
March 12, 13, 14: Parent/Teacher Conferences; early dismissal
Incoming 6thGrade Parents Meeting for Special Education Parents: Meeting will be scheduled for 6thGrade orientation.
Audit: Discussion at meeting regarding documentation requested by Audit Committee. At the present time the budget has not been approved and will be discussed again at the next meeting.
(1) Follow up regarding $3,000 check written for agenda books; Mr. Hoffman advised that the invoice for the agenda books was $2,830.00 so there was a discrepancy of $170.00. He presented the PTA with a check for $170.00.
(2) Graduation expense: Budget references $700 the PAC and audit committee questioned this expense. Discussion that graduation includes many expenses such as video from LDTV (Rob Casimo), sound tech, custodial, police as well as diplomas and covers (cost of $2,764.00).
Meeting adjourned at 7:36
January 8, 2013 Minutes
Old and New Business:
1. Kathy McHale motioned to approve Treasurer’s Report; Bonnie Olt 2nd
2. Keyboards: Mr. White thrilled with keyboards gifted by the PTA
3. HolidayCollection: collected over $800.00.
4. Wine, Dine and Win; Motion to donate $50 by Trina Ralli, 2ndBonnie Quinn
5. Tax exempt forms: discussion to use forms for PTA
6. 2/12/13: Presentation to all students about Social Media by IROC (Institute for Responsible Cell Phone Communication); Parent presentation Tuesday 2/12/13 at 7 pm
7. Audit done and waiting for answers
8. 3/22 through 4/5: Spring Candle Sale with Mother’s Day Delivery
9. Dine Out Nights: Chick Fil A made $478.52; will do another fundraiser there in May; February: Dine Out will be at Five Guys
10. Gertrude Hawk: Rosemary Bernardi will be the chairperson
11. Dances: 3/1/13 is the next dance; Seventh Grade Dance planned for either March or April
Teacher’s Report: Michelle Tucker: Kids excited about dances; thanks to parents for nice wishes for the holidays
1/11/13: Inaugural Dance
1/24/13: Board of Education Meeting at MES
1/25/13: Two hour delayed opening
1/31/13: Trimester 2 Interims go home
2/12/13: Laser Show Assembly for 6thgraders
2/15/13: Kids off; full day in service for teachers
5/24/13: Tre Thomas presentation for 8thgraders
Discussion regarding security at MMS in light of Sandy Hook shooting