STUDENT BULLETIN March
TODAY IS DAY 1
1. Lunch Clean-Up: Table #8
2. Come to the Main Office to estimate how many skittles are in the jar, and
you may be the next winner of What’s Your Estimate?
3. Attention 8th graders: The MMS annual Volleyball Tournament is taking
place on Friday, March 21st from 2:15 to 4:15. Get a team roster from your
House President or House Office. The cost is $5 per person or $40 per team.
The roster with team money is due to the House Presidents by Monday, March
10th. Don't miss out! This event is for 8th graders only. There will be no
spectators at the event so if you want to attend, join a team.
4. Our next PRIMM drive ending on Wed., Mar 12 will be for books (both hard
and soft back) for adults and children (no magazines, please). Teachers may
send the books directly to Mrs. Busa's room as they come in, just please
keep a running total until the end of the drive on March 12.
5. MMS Baseball: Tryouts begin March 17 for 6th grade until 3:45pm, March
18 & 19 for 8th grade until 5pm and March 20 & 21 for 7th grade until 5pm.
The 7th and 8th grade players are asked to arrange for a ride home following
the 5pm tryout. Please make sure you have a valid physical on file with our
nurse prior to the tryout and see Mr. Donnelly if you have questions.
6. Girls LaCrosse: Sign-ups begin Wednesday, March 12th in the APR during
lunch periods. Please make sure you have a valid physical on file with the
nurse. An informational meeting for all interested players will be on
Thursday, March 20th in room 220 until 3:15. Tryouts will run March 24-27
until 3:45. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Proctor in room 220.
7. Pretzel and water bottle sale on the Parent/Teacher Conference half days
this week. The price for each is .50 or both for $1. The half days are:
tomorrow, March 11; Wednesday March 12 and Thursday March 13.
8. Any girls interested in trying out for the MMS softball team should sign
up during lunch on the stage. Weather permitting, the 6th and 7th grade
tryouts will take place on Tuesday, March 18th. The 8th grade and callbacks
will happen on Wednesday, March 19th.
9. Boys LaCrosse: Sign-Ups will be held during lunch until March 14th.
Tryouts will begin on Wednesday, March 26th until 3:45. You need to be on the
nurse’s eligibility list in order to tryout. Any questions please see Mr.
10. Literacy Club: There will be NO meeting today and on Wednesday March 12
due to the half days. We will start again on Monday March 17.
11. Green is the Color of the day for this Friday’s School Spirit
Day: “Shamrock Day” . In honor of St. Patrick ’s Day on Monday the 17th,
please wear something green and watch out for those Leprechauns!
12. Attention Drama Club: The cast list for “Miss Nelson is Missing!” has
been posted outside of Room 300. You are expected to attend practice in the
APR after school today until 1:15. See Mrs. Ehrke or Mrs. Jimenez if you
have any questions.
13. Attention Blue House Students: Mr. Wasdick’s Computer Lab will NOT be
open during the ½ days this week.