September 18, 2014
TODAY IS DAY 5
1. Lunch Clean-Up: Table #11
2. Library Club will be held each week from Monday through Thursday until
3:15. Please get a pass from your teacher and sign up in the library.
Library Club welcomes those who want to work independently on homework or
3. Attention 8th Grade Students: Mr. Wasdick will be having after-school
Computer Animation/Pivot Club on Tuesdays starting Tuesday, Sept 23 in his
computer lab room 331. Pivot is a computer animation program that allows you
to easily create stick figure animations and more. This after-school club is
only open to 8th grade. Come check it out!
4. ATTENTION ALL YELLOW HOUSE STUDENTS!!! Do you like to socialize, play
games, and interact with friends?? Would you be able to help others in
interacting, talking, and meeting new people? Do you like to try different
activities, and help others?? Then this may be the group for you! Lunch
Pals is a group that meets during yellow house lunch in the family and
consumer science room twice a week to socialize with other students, play
games, enjoy indoor and outdoor activities, and eat lunch together. It’s a
great group to meet new people, and help others who need guidance on making
friends and socializing. If you’’’re interested in signing up please come to
room #416 (the consumer science room) Today through Friday before homeroom to
sign up for one of the two days when Lunch Pals will be held. The days Lunch
Pals will occur are Monday and Thursday starting in October. You can sign up
for one or both days. Bring a friend! It’s a fun alternative to
lunch/recess. It’s a great social club, and we hope to see you there! Ms.
5. Sept. 19 - Staff & Students: Every Friday we have a different School
Spirit Day. To coordinate with Constitution Day on Sept. 17 and the recent
remembrance of Sept. 11, our School Spirit Day this Friday will be a
Patriotic Theme. Please proudly wear your red, white and blue this Friday.
Let's show our pride in our nation. Fly your flags at home and tell everyone
how proud you are to be American!!
6. Cross Country will practice this week today through Thursday until 3:45.
Meet in room 129 Coach Hibbs for details. You MUST have a physical on file
to participate in this activity.
7. Literacy Club is every Monday and Wednesday until 3:15 on the Yellow
Hall side of the library. Come if you need help with Language Arts, Science
or Social Studies! Come any time you need help.
8. Do you enjoy getting together with friends and exploring different social
activities? If so, join Circle of Friends with Mrs. Kerper and Miss Reisman
in Room 414 on Tuesdays beginning
9. Any student who would like to join Flag Football must sign up during
lunch and have a valid physical in order to participate. The first meeting
will be on Friday, September 26th until 3:15. Any question see Mr. Principato.
10. Attention Girl's Field Hockey players. The game against Riverside on
Monday, September 22 has been cancelled. We will still have practice until
3:45 on this day.
11. Cheerleading: There will be an informational meeting for anyone
interested in trying out for the Cheerleading Team on Tuesday, September 23rd
in room 218 (Blue Hall). The meeting will last until 3:15. Anyone
interested should come to the information session and sign up to try out.
You MUST have a current physical on file with the nurse in order to
participate in cheerleading.