TEN TIPS FOR COLLEGE BOUND JUNIORS
1. Think about taking the SAT or ACT in ADVANCE. Make sure to adhere to registration deadlines.
2. Create a list of potential colleges by September of your senior year.
3. Acquaint yourself with the Common Application or the application process from your list of prospective colleges.
4. If possible, visit the schools you apply to BEFORE you receive letters of acceptance.
5. Create an account at www.collegeboard.com.
6. Ask for letters of recommendations sooner than later.
7. Meet with your guidance counselor to discuss the application process.
8. Plan and prepare for the college essays to reduce anxiety when writing them.
9. Be organized!
10. Create a timeline and meet your goals. Deadlines are a crucial aspect of this process.