Hello and welcome to Wellness For Life!!
Students will participate in units including, but not limited to, Yoga, aerobics, resistance training, step aerobics, Pilates, and dance, while continuing to learn about and incorporate components of health related fitness. Goal setting and personal health will be aspects of this course, with students advancing from basic to more advanced aspects of training.
I expect your best effort throughout this year. I am here to teach and support you 100 percent of the time. Therefore, I expect your complete respect, cooperation, and effort. Please refer to your student handbook for attendance policies.
1. Build skills pertaining to personal fitness and nutrition suitable to individual needs and desires.
2. Students will understand that healthy habits lead to healthy lifestyles and develop positive attitudes for life-long participation in physical activity.
3. Students will understand that personal capabilities differ; however, a body's physical needs are the same.
4. Develop competency and/or proficiency in a variety of activities as outlined in the PE Profile Assessment Tool.
5. Acquire knowledge of physical fitness and nutrition concepts and understand the relationship of a healthy lifestyle to both health and fitness.
*Please refer to your student handbook for more detail regarding grading in physical education.
- Adhere to all safety rules
- Respect everyone in the class
- Respect equipment and use it properly
- 1 Notebook
- Yoga mat (optional)
- Water bottle(optional)
- Physical education attire (please refer to your student handbook)
I look forward to working with you all and to a very successful school year! Remember, "Health is Wealth"!!