These assessments were created for the student who is unable to take part in physical education classes due to medical reasons. It is our hope that you can learn and demonstrate knowledge and skills, in the current units being taught, so that you can participate in the future. These assessments are worth 3 classes, unless otherwise instructed by your teacher.
Please type your responses and hand them in by the due date given to you by your teacher.
Many of these questions can be answered by using the internet and visiting sites such as:
www.stepaerobics.com, www.turnstep.com, or www.acefitness.org/acestore/p-587-traditional-aerobics-and-step-training.aspx
1) Define the term aerobic and name the component of fitness an aerobic activity targets.
2) Define step aerobics.
3) When was step aerobics revolutionized and why?
4) List 5 advantages/benefits of step aerobics.
5) Explain the proper way to use the step. Include posture, stepping up, stepping down, lead foot, and when should you change your lead foot?
6) List 5 important safety protocols when performing on the step/platform.
7) What is the most common height of a step platform?
8) Technique and safety are compromised if the beats per minute of the music being used during a step routine exceed 128 BPM. What is an appropriate beat for beginners and advanced steppers?
9) What are propulsion steps and why are they considered an advanced step?
10) It is recommended that weights be reserved for the strength segment of a step training class. TRUE OR FALSE AND WHY?
11) Name 10 steps used in a step routine (5 points).