News and Notes
December 16, 2013
Dear Members of the St. Peter’s Family,
Well, Christmas is less than a week away! Here are some notes of importance; dates to mark on your calendar and things that will be due when we return from our Christmas break.
· Tuesday, December 17th, Mr. Clavin and our School Choir will be on the Joe Daily Show beginning at 8:00am. We can have a studio audience of up to 30 people; so if you are interested to see our choir perform, you are welcome to join us!
· Wednesday, December 18th, there is a Priests Dinner that will be held in the gym. We would like to bring to your attention that there will be afterschool and it will be in the convent.
· We are still selling the Hyde Park Discount Cards. We have plenty left in the office, if you would like to have one. These make great stocking stuffers!
· Friday, December 20th we will be holding a Christmas Dress Down Day. Attached you will see the flyer!
· The John Flowers charity event will be on Friday, December 20th from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. The 8th grade and the choir members all received permission slips. Please send them back as soon as possible.
· There will be NO SCHOOL from December 23rd to January 1st for our Christmas break. School will resume on Thursday, January 2, 2014!!!
· Hyde Park Transportation is the only district that will NOT be bussing their students on Thursday, January 2nd and Friday January 3rd. All other districts have been contacted and will provide transportation.
· First Friday Mass is scheduled at OLR for January 3rd. All are welcome to attend. Permission slips went out this past week. Please send them back as soon as possible.
· Some items to remember: First: If there is any chance for inclement weather, please listen to the radio for cancellations and delays. They are listed on page 13 of the student handbook. Second: Winter will be officially upon us on Saturday, December 21st. Please have your children have the appropriate accessories for outside play. They may bring in boots and snow pants to play in the snow. Third: The flu is in full force! Some suggestions from the Department of Health. Remind children about hand washing and respiratory/cough etiquette; not to share food, drinks, etc., and keep children home with a fever until the fever is gone for 24 hours without the use of anti-fever medications.
· Last but not least, a great BIG THANK YOU is to go out to our St. Peter’s family for those who have donated the stuffed animals, wrapping paper, tape and time with the wrapping!
We would like to wish each and every one of you, a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year to all our Families!!!!!